If you need a more accessible version of this website, click this button on the right.
Switch to Accessible Site
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 08-19-2015
Dizziness and vertigo are common symptoms following a motor vehicle accident in which you've injured your neck or have suffered whiplash. There are many possible sources of dizziness and vertigo:
- Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: Also known as Post Concussion Syndrome
- Vascular Injury: Damage to the arteries in the neck causing "vertebral insufficiency"
- Direct Neurological Damage: Nerve root damage, especially those caused by Disc Protrusions at C3/C4 could cause Dizziness
- Myofascial Damage: Numerous studies indicate that muscular hypertonicity or tightness can cause dizziness and equilibrium problems
- Inner Ear Damage: An auto accident that damages the Vestibular apparatus in your inner ear can cause dizziness
Joseph Medlin D.C.
- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
- Make An Appointment
- We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. Schedule an appointment today!
- Online Forms
- Our patient forms are available online so they can be completed in the convenience of your own home or office.